The recent Halo Livestream revealed a number of updates for the Halo community at large. Here’s a list of the main items with associated links that go more in-depth:
- Halo Championship Series 2018 will feature a 16-team double elimination grand final fed by Open LAN finals in four regions
- HCS Region Skins will be available for the United States, Latin America, Great Britain, as well as Australia and New Zealand
- HCS Team Skins becoming available for Luminosity Gaming, Splyce, and Str8 Rippin
- Halo 5 Server for Windows 10 to run local Halo 5 LAN events
- Halo 5 LAN Events in ALL Microsoft Stores
- Oddball and Oddball FFA with the skull
- Weapon tuning changes to the Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, Railgun, Gunfighter Magnum, frag and splinter grenades
- Halo: Master Chief Collection is undergoing updates and fixes along with 4k readiness Xbox One X
The Halo 5 Overtime Update is scheduled for November 7, 2018. You can fully expect the first cries of “ZOMG!!! U br0k3 Halo 5!!! U sux!!!” to occur approximately one minute after the update is launched.
Personally, I’m probably most looking forward to finally getting to have Splyce and Str8 Rippin skins to adorn my weapons. The continuation of the HCS is causing cautious excitement, especially since how ESL handled the last World Championship. As for the whole MCC update… I’m of the mindset of not caring much about it. They seem to spend a lot of time working on past game iterations where I really hoped there would be some Halo 6 news.
Feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments or on Twitter…